The Gravely Group 2014 Year in Review
After a tumultuous 2013, the Head Start program started to get back on track in 2014, thanks in large part to an improving economy. In January, we saw an announcement for a $1billion funding increase. By December, President Obama was making good on a 2013 State of the Union promise to make Early Education a priority of his second term. With agencies across the country celebrating the 50th anniversary of Head Start, we hope to see a lot more good news in 2015!
- Head Start Receives $1Billion Funding Increase in New Appropriations Bill
- Head Start Act Allows for Conversion of Enrollment Slots from Head Start to Early Head Start
- HHS Announces Two Grants Available for Expansion of Early Head Start Programs
- Hundreds of Head Start Staff to Celebrate the 50th Anniversary of Head Start on Capitol Hill October 1st
- Programs Across the Country Engage Local Media for National Head Start Awareness Month, 50 Years of Head Start
- White House holds Summit on Early Education
2014 The Gravely Group Highlights
2014 was an exciting year of growth for The Gravely Group, adding a number of new conferences and clients to our client list. In order to better meet the needs of this growing client base, The Gravely Group added three outstanding Head Start professionals to our team: Yvette Dobbs, Head Start Management Expert; Yvette Woods, Head Start Education Consultant; and Geoffrey Lowry, Head Start Fiscal & Administrative Consultant. With their expertise and guidance, The Gravely Group has strengthened and expanded our Knowledge Management trainings. We look forward to another exciting year!
- National Indian Head Start Directors Association Management Training Conference Recap
- Melvin J. Gravely to be Honored During Gala Awards Dinner at 2014 Celebration of Heroes
- Client Testimonial: Long Island Head Start
- Melvin Gravely presented three workshops at the 2014 Parent Conference
Tags: year in review