Region IV Early Head Start Institute
"Fatherhood and Leadership Skills for Board & Policy Council"
For Board & Policy Council Members, Parents, Head Start Directors and Management Staff
Monday, September 16, 2019
Westin Peachtree Plaza
210 Peachtree Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
Conference info »
The fee for this seminar is in addition to the conference registration fee and includes the Public Policy Luncheon. Advance registration is required, and on-site registration is not permitted for this event.
** Note: You do not need a PayPal account to purchase. Choose "Pay with Debit or Credit Card" option at the bottom of the next screen for guest checkout.
The purpose of this workshop is to teach staff, the board of director and policy council how to function according to the 2007 Head Start Act Sec 642 and the Performance Standard in Part 1301.5, It is stated “An agency must provide appropriate training and technical assistance or orientation to the governing body and the policy council, including training on program performance standards and training to ensure the members understand the information they receive and can effectively oversee and participate in the programs in the Head start agency.”
This workshop will ensure a clear and strategic organizational direction that supports the agency's efforts to successfully navigate the challenges, responsibilities and opportunities of a new and changing environment. This training also provides non-profit governance teams with the necessary strategic tools to ensure organizational success.
- Understand the Roles of the Board and Policy Council/Committees
- Learn the necessary tools to build a strong Head Start governance team
- Learn to promote and develop a Fatherhood/Male Engagement Program
- Provide ideas for developing a strategic plan to involve staff when engaging parents/fathers that extends and impacts the program, the community.
- How to properly structure your board and policy council to effectively conduct the business of the group.
- Strategies to support program governance and ensure program systems are appropriate
- Understand new strategies for building Relationships with policy council
- Participants will develop strategies to ensure that Fatherhood/Male Engagement
- Participants will identify goals on a strategic plan to enhance their
- Fatherhood/Male Engagement activities in the Head Start Facilities.
- How to provide technical assistance to Governing Body, Policy Council and Parent Committees
- Understand the concept of governance and how the roles associated with governance are distinguished from the roles associated with administration.